3.29.2013

His & Hers: Mixed Prints

     One of the best ways to mix up your wardrobe is by pairing unexpected pattern combinations. While I've seen more women embrace this trend than men, Patrick recently acquired a few things that mix perfectly together. Of course, we keep the rules in mind of matching colors and having one big pattern with one smaller pattern; but rules are often meant to be broken! This is a great way to experiment and by breaking outside of traditional pattern with solid outfits, you can essentially double your wardrobe.

Hers:
Striped skirt and patterned button down, Tommy Hilfiger. Red classic cardigan and white tights, Target. The Essex Satchel in bittersweet, Madewell (currently 25% off). Boyfriend watch, Target (similar). Lace up heeled booties, Modcloth (sold out, similar here- and they're on sale!). Leather bow, American Apparel. Red square frame glasses, c/o Firmoo. Vintage Calvin Klein belt. 

     I love the wide navy and white stripes on my skirt combined with the smaller print on the button up. Both items came from the Tommy Hilfiger outlet store, so I shouldn't be too surprised that they pair so well together. It is kind of hard to see, but the print on the button up also matches this cardigan from Target perfectly as well. To top it all off, I added my new satchel from Madewell (my perfect purse) and created a primary color scheme and an outfit that I was very pleased with. 

His:
Striped sweater, Old Navy. Plaid shirt, flea market find. Skinny jeans, Lucky Brand (a gift). Boy scout socks. Desert boots, Target. 

     Despite having mixed prints, Patrick and I ended up matching pretty well! We both chose to offset our wide stripes with a smaller pattern. His plaid shirt was a steal at a local flea market and I knew it would go perfectly with this sweater that my parents got him for Christmas. The sweater is actually our school colors which means that several people- both guys and girls- have been spotted wearing it on campus. I have to say that I like Patrick's unique take on it the best, though. 


     I hope you've enjoyed this round of His & Hers styling! We've been trying to incorporate larger scope trends as opposed to specific items, so if you have any requests we would love the challenge. Stay tuned for next week for another His & Hers post!

     Past His & Hers: Blazers and Grey Pants; White button up; Black V neckDenim shirtFlannel shirt

6 comments:

Lily EBVS said...

I really love the colors in your outfit (your boy's, too -- but yours especially!). That purse really is perfect.
--Lily
Fifth Freedom Fashion

Kitsune-kun said...

oh my gosh. ok. that one where you're hugging and your glasses are getting bumped off? PRICELESS. probably the most adorable thing I've seen in a long time.

Unknown said...

SO cute!! I agree with Kitsune above me: The picture where you're hugging is my favorite! Your bag is perfect. The 25% off is wonderful, but the final price is still more than I'm willing to allow myself to spend.

-Nathy
Earnestyle

Unknown said...

You guys are too cute! I feel like you guys are the ideal stylish yet cute and realistic couple. I love both of the styles, and I realized how badly I want desert boots now, haha!

Anonymous said...

Those are some mc duds.

budgetbrunettes said...

wow, you guys are adorable! what a stylish couple http://budgetbrunettes.blogspot.ca

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...