3.08.2013

His & Hers: Denim Shirt

     Denim is one of my top three favorite fabrics. I love it in almost every form (we'll overlook bermuda shorts and mini skirts for the sake of the point I'm trying to make). The best thing about denim is how gender neutral it is. Either a slim pair of jeans or a denim shirt looks just as good on males as it does females. While a denim shirt is quickly becoming a staple in womenswear, I would say it is the perfect piece for any guy looking to be a bit more fashionable. For Valentine's Day, I actually got Patrick the chambray shirt he is wearing in today's post. We decided on chambray for him because it is a more breathable, lightweight fabric and will transition well throughout the seasons.
    Read on to see how we both styled what is quickly becoming our favorite basic staple!
Hers:
Denim shirt with snap buttons, Jessica Simpson Denim (similar). Black skinny jeans, American Eagle. Herringbone blazer, thrifted from the little boys department. Blue cluster necklace and western style boots, Target. Vintage Dooney & Bourke purse. Red square frame glasses, c/o Firmoo

     Lately my keywords for where I'd like to take my style involve a mix of western, preppy, menswear, with a dose of femininity for good measure. I felt so much like myself in this outfit. The denim shirt was the perfect unexpected layer with a more proper blazer and skinny jeans. I rely on the items I'm wearing for this post so much that I'm surprised I haven't worn this combination before, but I'm glad I finally ended up putting it together!

His:
Coat, Old Navy. Chambray shirt and desert boots, Target. White linen tie, Express. Brown straight leg chinos, H&M. 

     The color combination of the bright blue chambray shirt looks perfect with Patrick's brown pants. Although this outfit has the potential for being oversimplified, Patrick definitely knows how to bring out small details to really create unique looks. His white tie sets off the threads in his shirt perfectly, and the tie clip adds the perfect dose of professional charm to an otherwise casual outfit.
      I thought our outfits looked so good together that I went a little above and beyond when it came to our shots together.


     We really enjoyed doing this photoshoot. Hopefully you've enjoyed looking at the way we've styled our denim shirts. Stay tuned next week for another His & Hers post. If you have any requests of something you'd like to see styled, let us know! 
     Past His & Hers posts: Blazers and Grey Pants; White button up; Black V neck

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

I love both of these looks!
Although my husband would be weary if I told him I'd love to see him in something similar to the guys wear ;)

And I adore the blazer OVER the denim!
I always think "denim jackets, jeans" that are worn OUT. I think I need to start layering my chambray I have ;)

Charmaine said...

YOu always find fantastic photo backdrops! Inspired.

Applewood Road said...

I love how that necklace looks on the denim shirt, wouldn't have thought to pair them!
- Kelsey @ Time Stand Still

Ani Barrington said...

Love these photos and your outfits!

Vezilka said...

Words can not describe how wonderful you guys look :) As a vintage lover, I am amazed! Kudos

Sarah said...

Super cute! You guys are so adorable! Did you two set up a tripod or did you have a third shooting? Either way, I love the outfits, especially that watch!

Side note: you do know that land camera's case will pop right off and then back on. If you ever shoot with it I recommend taking it off so that you don't accidentally get it in your shot.

Zuley said...

Love your look and his unexpected white tie.


zuleyb.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...