12.06.2011

Plaid Solitude








Striped shirt, UK Style by French Connection. Belt, Nine West. Shoes, American Eagle. Plaid skirt, cable knit sweater, and bag, all vintage.

     I wasn't kidding when I said that I adore plaid. I felt quite demure and a little bit rebellious all at the same time in yesterday's outfit. While the length of the skirt conveys that I am quite the lady, the plaid print symbolized a lot more to me than Christmas cheer. All of my 1950s (conflicting) vibes definitely led me to choose the location: under the bleachers. Such a quintessential spot for slackers to hang out, but I assure you, I am quite the opposite. Overall, I think I will start incorporating more of my longer skirts in my day to day outfits. Rushing down the (four flights!) of stairs in my dorm building in a dramatic fashion definitely made up my mind: this skirt is fast becoming a seasonal favorite. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to let you know that this outfit has inspired me to wear long skirts. I always thought they were kind of too old-fashioned for me, but you look absolutely darling in your plaid, and now I want to acquire lots of long skirts for my wardrobe! Thanks for posting these pictures!

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...