7.18.2013

A Traveling Carnival

On me: Striped dress, c/o eShakti (sold out). Metallic heeled orange sandals, TJ Maxx. 
On Patrick: Striped shirt, Target. Cut off shorts, Urban Outfitters. 

     A few weeks ago, Patrick and I finally found time to visit the traveling carnival that was set up in the parking lot of a local mall. I had to drive past the swirling lights and hear the pounding music for several nights until we could finally fork over our money in exchange for some quick thrills. Of course, half of the fun for me is the fact that the carnival rides probably aren't the safest thing. And I am fully aware that we were being completely ripped off; but, hey, that's how some people are making a living. 
     Our favorite ride was modeled after a giant magic carpet and swung us swiftly into the air about forty feet above the ground. No description can really do the craziness justice; but it was more fun than terrifying. I was happy to ride a few different thrill rides then end the night with a funnel cake followed quickly by walking over to the movie theatre and watching The Great Gatsby. Also, Patrick and I just happened to match the lights perfectly. 

6 comments:

Charmaine said...

That dress is so fab! I love the waist details, the stripes and the colour comobo. Perfect background, too.

The Rubber Doll by Pepa said...

you look great! love it!!

VIDEO http://vimeo.com/70190812

LIKE & SHARE https://www.facebook.com/therubberdoll

Ester Durães said...

wow such great photos, I can believe you were able to work so perfectly with that lightning! :)
I love your dress and your shoes, so pretty!
-
Ester from Drawing Dreaming

JennaStevie said...

These shots are ammmmazing, love the lighting and the vibe to them. That dress is so gorgeous too, love the stripes :)
xJennaD

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

You two definitely matched the lights. Are you sure there was a phone call the night before with the carnies to coordinate? Be honest. ;)

Vicki said...

These pictures are lovely! They make me long to visit a carnival. I also love your outfit! That dress is darling!

~Vicki
Decked Out in Ruffles

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...