6.12.2013

The Summer Jacket

Black denim motorcycle jacket and white tank top, American Eagle. BDG Twig High-Rise Jeans in black, Urban Outfitters. Red mini wedges, Prabal Gurung for Target. Wrap watch, La Mer

     Summer seems to be all about simple and liberating styles and clothing, but when the air conditioning gets cranked up or the sun goes down, I always find myself reaching for a jacket. This denim motorcycle jacket is the perfect layer over my outfits to give them a bit more edge, something I'll admit I've been longing for lately. I'm looking forward to trying to find a similar style for winter in leather or faux leather as a substitute for a more traditional winter coat. 
     You know those items that you slip into and you just feel like yourself? I don't ride motorcycles (although owning a vintage bike is creeping further and further up on my list of wants), but I love the air that this jacket gives off. The shape is a classic in its own right and I can see myself wearing this style for years to come.

10 comments:

Alexandra Marie said...

Oh my goodness, what color lipstick are you wearing!? It is so amazing!! Alex

http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4239571/into-the-woods

ToTylkoJa said...

I really like this outfit! You look absolutely great and photos are beautiful too:)

Unknown said...

I've been wanting to dress edgier, too. I love that your lipstick matches your shoes!

Rachel

Charmaine said...

This style kicks ass! You rock it so well! I especially love the second photo down. I had an amazing leather jacket that definitely punked up my extremely girly outfits. A wardrobe staple!

Vicki said...

I love this outfit! That jacket is adorable! I also really like how you styled the shoes...I have the same pair, and I've had a hard time coming up with different ways to wear them!

~Vicki
Decked Out in Ruffles

Applewood Road said...

I really like your dainty rings! And still drooling over those target wedges, should have gotten in on that!
- Kelsey @ Time Stand Still

Anonymous said...

Love this whole look, especially the sandals! Great blog. xx

Anonymous said...

Love that jacket on you! It's so adorable and looks so perfect. Those wedges are adorable too:)

Josie
FineandFeathered.com

Evamaria said...

Your blog is amazing! I think I haven't found nothing as good as yours for awhile. I love your style, the vintage vibe and the nature. I buy most of my clothes from second-hand shops as well! I followed you on Bloglovin, so I won't miss any of your posts!

-http://despite-the-style.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love this moto jacket- it seems so versatile! And the pop of red with your shoes is just perfect!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...