6.19.2013

Grab Your Hat and Fetch a Camera

White tee shirt, Gap (similar). Strappy flat sandal in black and tan, Target. J. Crew bowler hat, thrifted (similar). Chiffon maxi skirt, thrifted (similar to the version sold at American Apparel). 

      To this day, one of my favorite albums of all time is Panic! At the Disco's Pretty. Odd. The songs have a greater range of themes than their first album (and honestly their third), all while having a truly unique sound. Overall, the reason why I value that album so much is because of the visual imagery that I associate with so many of the lyrics. A great example is present in this outfit, actually. In the track titled "She's a Handsome Woman", the quip "So go one/ grab your hat and fetch a camera/ film the world before it happens" has always stuck with me. I definitely didn't intend this outfit to be directly inspired by the song, but it's funny what happens when I start listening to my old CDs again. 
     I've been adding a lot of black and white pieces into my wardrobe lately. Before this summer, the neutral shade I relied on most was some form of cream or beige. However, the black and white trend is certainly one for me. The pieces don't always have to be worn together, they also make a great base for adding in other colors. I was thrilled to find this perfect little hat and skirt on a recent trip to Goodwill (and it was half off day, too!). I know I'll be getting a lot of wear out of them this summer and beyond.

2 comments:

MILEX said...

At this point I couldn't adore you more than now

Hattitude said...

Hattitude Style Blog


ooo i love that line. so majestic and wonderful. you look great in this wild field ashlyn. what a pretty scene for some photos!

talk soon wild child
-Hattie
Hattitude Style Blog

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...