12.27.2012

On the Record

Black plaid wool blazer, LOFT. Oxford blue button up, thrifted. Black skinny jeans, American Eagle. Black loafers, Target. Black leather purse, Dooney & Bourke. Birdwatcher necklace, c/o Frock Stock. Wayfarers, Ray-Ban. Black wrap watch, La Mer Wanderlust Collection

     Based on the number of my Facebook friends who posted about the record players they got for Christmas, vinyl is having an even larger resurgence than I thought. After receiving my record player for my birthday, I've been thrilled to find several of my favorite albums on vinyl. The quality of the music that my player produces is astounding, but I'd say my other favorite part of owning a record player is simply the act of looking for albums. I can spend afternoons rummaging at thrift stores, antique malls, and even entire shops devoted to selling records. While I certainly love the simplicity of quickly downloading a song on my iPhone, I feel more connected to my love of music when I can have a physical album. Call me an old soul, but having something tangible that produces such lovely sounds can't be beat.
      I felt like quite the beatnik in my almost all black ensemble while out shopping for records in the antique district of Clinton (which is a town over from where I live). We ducked into a start up shop and scored big- I found one of my favorite Simon & Garfunkel albums for only $3.50. The thrill of happening upon something like that is akin to finding a great apparel item at a thrift store, if not even better.
Grey wool pea coat, Old Navy. Plaid button up and red jeans, Target. Vintage Florsheim shoes from my step father. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You look cute!
My parents have a record collection, but no player! I used to have a Simon and Garfunkel album hanging on my wall back in middle school when I first discovered that they were the best thing ever.

Rachel

Madhu said...

You necklace is perfection! Your life is also straight out of a novel or something

Alyssa Pritchett said...

great outfits this year honey! Love the floral ensemble :)

http://dressingwithdesire.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...