10.03.2012

The Weekend Dress

Soft Serenade dress, c/o Sugarlips. Cashmere blend cardigan, J. Crew. Metal spike earrings, Wal Mart. Metal ring, F21. Timex watch and tuxedo loafers, Target. Leather backpack, vintage from my mom. 

     My weekends are not a casual affair. I take each opportunity I can to get dressed up and have a good time, and this dress is a perfect solution to those times when I don't feel like anything else has enough "oomph". Whether I pair it with tights or slip on a pair of bike shorts underneath (after all, I prefer my adventures to maintain some modesty), I feel completely unstoppable in this feminine little number that Sugarlips sent me. While at first I thought it might be a strictly formal occasion dress, I decided to dress it down a bit last weekend with a cardigan and my "adventure bag" backpack. 
     Now that I've nearly gotten through the middle of the week, here's to wearing this dress again and again for many weekends to come.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Such a gorgeous dress, everything from the color to the detail is so pretty! And it looks great on you, too.

Taylor said...

I really love the backdrop you have going on in these photos.. it's very interesting, it puts a nice focus on your outfit. I love the backpack too!

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...