7.10.2012

Reflections of the Newly Single


     Although some of you might have pieced together some sort of shift based on my two week absence following the post dedicated to this poem, I have not exactly been candid as to what the change has been. While the break up itself happened quite a bit ago, I wanted to wait some time before reflecting so openly on my blog. 
     Anyone who reads my blog might only have known my boyfriend of three years, Reid, as the boy who was often credited under my outfit pictures. But he played a very large role in my life. I told him once that while we didn't actually "grow up together" (we met our sophomore year in high school), we certainly became adults together. I think it was that change that decided our fates as much as anything. 
     I don't have something long and dramatic to write about, especially considering my less-than-personal nature when it comes to blogging. However, I thought that this could potentially be an interesting new angle when it comes to all aspects of my life. I underestimated how much it really meant to always have someone to hang out with or someone to be my (often begrudging, but always obliging) model. I'm curious to see how single life will take its toll on my interests.
     I've already become comfortable with how things are. While Reid and I are by no means enemies,it is odd to think that we will never be as close as we once were. I've been having a truly great summer after the break up experience and I assume that he has too. Having limitless social opportunities with my friends and a stack of books as tall as I am to read before summer is over helps immensely. 
     I am truly feeling fine, if not great. The time I took off from chronicling my outfits every.single.day has actually helped more than anything. But boy, am I glad to be back. 

1 comment:

Kat said...

I'm so sorry to hear that (although I'm glad you're handling it in a healthy way!). You've got a great perspective on the whole situation.

(And there's nothing better than watching cute-as-heck animals do cute things on youtube if negativity starts to creep in! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP0f_7_nbVE&feature=player_detailpage#t=180s)

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...