4.25.2012

The Haunting Refrain

Floral shirt, Urban Outfitters via clothing exchange. Tulle maxi skirt, Forever 21. Camel cashmere cardigan, gift from my mother (Dillard's). Vintage leather belt. Bow ballet flats, thrifted. Black lace clutch, Jason Wu for Target. 

     This skirt is a production. With it's layers of swishy tulle, witchy color, and wonderful length, I always feel like a bit of  a drama queen when I put it on. Needless to say, the overly dramatic attitude that comes from the tulle rustling around my legs as I run down stairs needs to only be saved for special occasions. Although I definitely think of this skirt as a timeless piece in my wardrobe, I've only photographed it one other time.  It's not that I don't enjoy wearing it, but it is a bit of a weather conundrum as it is lined with very warm fabric underneath the tulle. 
     The weather has truly been bipolar here in East Tennessee, but at least it gave me a chance to dip into some country-witch vibes one last time before summer is here and I am feeling girly and carefree. 

2 comments:

Rory said...

I am so in love with that tulle! I like how you wore it with a UO floral top, to keep it springier :)
Rory
www.WearAboutsBlog.com
Vanessa Mooney Giveaway on Wear Abouts!

Meredith Elyse said...

I love your skirt! Great pictures too.

http://scatterbrainedstylings.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...