8.11.2011

The Lakehouse, Part One

On me: Dress, Target. Socks, Gap. Oxfords, vintage.
On Reid: Shirt, AE. Jeans, Gap. Shoes, Sanuk.

    I'm enjoying the last fleeting days of summer before all of my friends scatter across the state, and even the country, on our fast approaching move in dates. I have been listening to this swinging mix from the Summer Mix Series 2011 and hoping to dance away some of the last nights we have together. As kind of a last hooray before we all start fall semester, I took a few friends down to my family's lake house. There ended up being so many joyous moments and great photo opportunities that I had to split my post into two parts, but never fear, the other pictures will come very soon! These are the pictures that I felt represented my outfit best. Something about going into the country always has me dressing in girly floral prints! Those shoes are also a particular favorite: basically the perfect pair of oxfords for $4 from Goodwill. 
    It's these last weeks of summer that are always the most interesting: the mix of emotions from saying good-bye will be new to me, but luckily, most friends are only a fifteen minute drive away or their family is staying in town.

1 comment:

Jade said...

Agreed, the 1940's was when women looked ladylike and sexy at the same time. And the clothes are basically just amazing! I really love those shoes xx

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...