7.17.2011

We're in Cute Country

Corset top, Free People. Skirt and braid belt, American Apparel. Bow ring, F21. Sweater, Target (YEARS ago).  Shoes, Land's End. Bag, handmade by my Mamaw.

     I'm not exactly sure how obvious I make my location (this is intentional), but I'll give you a hint: Elvis, Dolly, Billy Ray, and Justin Timberlake. The common thread between those things is, as you may have figured out, Tennessee. The Volunteer state has always been my home and although I plan on moving to a bit more urban of a place after college (I never said out of state, though), I will always be just a "lil" country. 
     The country was precisely the inspiration for my outfit. Picking fresh berries, walking in open fields, cute floral print, and sturdy canvas are just a few of the things that I love about the picturesque landscape that surrounds me. Although I might have to drive a few miles to get to truly rural surroundings (by no means am I a farm girl), I appreciate rolling green hills and a big blue backdrop dotted with barns and bales of hay just about as much as any other scenery.
     I complain about the lack of polish and shopping opportunities from time to time, but when it comes down to it, I would not want to have grown up anywhere else.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I love how you mixed patterns here. And your ring is too cute!

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...