1.31.2011

Sunday Shopping Guide: On My Book Shelf


1. 1,000 Artist Journal Pages, $14.33: amazon.com
2. The Lucky Shopping Manual, $20: amazon.com
3. The Lucky Guide to Mastering any Style, $20: amazon.com
4. I "Heart" Your Style: How to Define and Refine Your Personal Style, $14: amazon.com
5. Until I Find You, $11: amazon.com
6. The Family of Man, pricing varies: amazon.com
7. Hot Shots: Tips and Tricks for Taking Better Pictures, $11: amazon.com
8. A Corner of the Universe, $7: amazon.com
9. Tender is the Night, pricing varies, amazon.com
10. A Year in Fashion, $19: amazon.com
11. Paper Towns, $10: amazon.com
12. Photojojo!: Insanely Great Photo Projects and DIY Ideas: amazon.com
 Please note: links are to the specific book, not just amazon.com.
     Buying clothes is wonderful, but my true vice is buying books. Evinced by the number of successful blogs and the blogging community, we are turning more and more towards digital mediums for entertainment. Although generations before mine might have felt the same way about computers taking over handwritten ledgers, I am not sure if I will ever be able to fully convert to a Kindle or an iPad. Turning the pages and smelling the books gives me a feeling that I wouldn't be able to recreate with a screen.  Imagine the death of bookstores, used and new alike. A world without these things seems bleak to me.
     Each book in today's shopping guide deserves a post of its own (number six got lucky). Each is inspiring in its own way, whether it is a novel or a guide. What are some of your favorite books?

2 comments:

yiqin; said...

Love audrey hepburn <3

Kathryn said...

I just got Paper Towns from the library and can't wait to read it! I just might have to steal your book shelf... :)

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...