4.04.2013

Sugar and Sports

Coral and creme striped dress, c/o eShakti (sold out). Denim vest, American Eagle (similar). Organic baseball hat, Madewell. The Essex messenger in bittersweet, Madewell. Nude leather wedges by SixtySeven, from Style of Civilization. Gold boyfriend watch, Target (similar). 

    When I look at my sea of cap sleeve, fit and flare dresses, the last thing on my mind is usually a baseball cap. Although I had quite the collection of caps as a tomboyish young girl and am still heavily inspired by menswear, they aren't necessarily my accessory of choice today. However, I've been bombarded with the trend of late and decided to put my own spin on things while being inspired by my childhood style. As I was putting together this outfit based around the dress from eShakti's spring line, my hat became the cherry on top.
     My penchant for little red dresses was only multiplied by this lovely number from eShakti. I customized it to the mini length it is at (although my modesty usually requires above the knee length- those are my bike shorts that you see poking out on the jumping shots) as well as adding the sleeves. It fits like a dream and reminds me of circus tents- a theme I'm excited to create a post around. 
     I'm glad that this semi-random mix of items came together in a pleasing way. Experimenting with items that remind me of childhood or things that aren't traditionally aligned with my style always makes me happy. Patrick and I have shared custody of this baseball hat and it suits us both quite well. I hope to figure out more ways to wear it this summer for practical and sartorial purposes.

1 comment:

Zuley said...

So very cute. Love the vest and dress! ^_^


zuleyb.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...