4.16.2013

Birdwatching

Urban Renewal jumper, found secondhand at Planet XChange. BDG Classic Oxford Button-down Shirt, Urban Outfitters. Ecote boots, secondhand. Bandana worn as headband, Urban Outfitters (similar here). Market tote, Herschel Supply Co. (love this polka dotted version!). Cardinal necklace, local artist.

     Although the biology class that I'm currently enrolled in is merely a core class that is required for graduation, I am genuinely excited by the subject matter. We started off pretty small- cells to be exact. But recently, we've been going birdwatching during our lab time and I have to say, I've been thrilled. I learned quickly how much of a hands-on learner I am. While we only went through the identification slides of birds once before going out "in the field" to see them, after spending time for two consecutive labs walking about and listing our winged friends that we spotted, I can identify many of the birds in our area.
      There's the whole cliche notion of "put a bird on it" popularized by Portlandia. It would be even worse of me to say "Oh, but I genuinely loved birds before that." I'm just going to go with the obnoxious hipster mentality here and say it's true! My mamaw has always kept bird feeders and houses all around her house and the lake house. In my own family home, we have a huge tree outside of our kitchen window that attracts several different species that we call "the bird tree". The tiny, flying creatures have always captivated me and I'm glad to be able to have a knowledge of them that extends beyond just wearing them on twee clothing.
    This is the actual outfit that I wore while going on one of our bird watching jaunts. While I definitely didn't whip out my camera and take these shots during class, Patrick and I revisited one of the best spots later on that day. While I love this jumper that I found regardless, I'm even more in love with this outfit because of the awesome experiences I had wearing it. It fits my current aesthetic ideals so well and I couldn't be happier.


9 comments:

Vicki said...

I love your outfit! That skirt is perfection--I love those straps on it! It gives the outfit an almost retro look.(:

I really enjoyed the biology class that I had to take...it was online, but I still had plenty of hands-on experiments and lab time, and as quite the hands-on learner myself, that really helped to solidify the concepts in my mind. And they were fun, too (except for that one assignment that had me trekking through a swamp in the rain...)!

~Vicki
Decked Out in Ruffles

Kathy Noto said...

Such whimsical outfit and photos. Love it!<3

Kathy
http://www.mypeachdays.com/

MILEX said...

Pure love

Zuley said...

That skirt I have never seen before. You pull it off so well.

zuleyb.blogspot.com

Maggie J. said...

You're absolutely adorable and I LOVE your sense of style! I just came across your blog, and needless to say, I love it! :)

I just launched a redesign of my blog. Check it out! 2ndhand Knowledge: A Style Blog

Maggie J. said...

I can't resist commenting again - I just checked out your about page and read about your commitment to shopping secondhand, local, and independent. You're a girl after my own heart! :)

2ndhand Knowledge: A Style Blog

daria said...

such a pretty jumper! I love these pics :)

Unknown said...

I love this outfit so much! That jumper is fantastic!

http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

Epic Thread said...

Those shoes are absolutely adorable!

Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...