3.23.2013

Vintage Threads: Overalls



     If I had to choose between having an overall job and having a suit job, I'd choose the overall job any day. While the utilitarian uniform has a lot more than fashion at its roots, I appreciate the message that the jumper sends to the world. Today's audience will more likely interpret a pair of overalls as a nonchalant outfit choice that says to the world "I'm cool" whereas, in the past, they are a favorite of farmhands and factory workers alike. The dungaree is of such great interest to me personally not because of the modern interpretation. Using such a utilitarian garment for only appearances sake runs the risk of belittling such a rich history. But that's why I'm so drawn to overalls: the history and workers that they represent.
     Would you rock a pair of overalls?



2 comments:

Sammi said...

I love the style of overalls in the second picture! Overalls are definitely making a come-back (which I'm not ENTIRELY thrilled about, but when they're cute and flattering, I have no objections), and these pictures are really amazing.

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Dhebby said...

I don't know is it just me or the first pic a bit more look like you. I love the style overall the pic though, especially the fourth one. Amazing photographs x

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...