1.17.2013

Top of the World

White short sleeve tee, JCPenney. Ivory and red chevron skirt, Target. Mint purse, Francesca's. Jessica Simpson Cranaby booties, Dillard's. Vintage leather belt, thrifted. Hand painted cardinal necklace, local artist. 

     These pictures were taken on what I would describe as my ideal day. This past weekend, the temperatures hardly dipped below seventy. Now, I'll admit that I have a few Romantic ideals when it comes to snow and winter weather. One of the most pleasurable parts of the colder months is being able to pile on the layers and hunker down inside, cuddled with loved ones (and cats) and taking part in some of my favorite activities: reading, listening to records, crafting, catching up on blog comments...the list goes on and on.
     But when the layers come off and the sun comes out, I can't resist fleeing campus for an adventure. As I write this, I'm currently looking at about three inches of snow outside of my window. But my heart really belongs to the warm weather and trips up to the mountains that occur because of it.
     This particular spot is one of my favorites around where I live. It doesn't require any strenuous hiking (as evinced by my Western style boots), but rather just a beautiful drive through some of the more rural parts of Maryville. It's a never finished subdivision that I've actually visited before. This time, however, Patrick and I decided to wander down the road they had paved that we aren't sure leads to anything. We'll find out one day.
#teenvogue

14 comments:

Carlee, Little Sloth said...

Oh my gosh these photos are so so beautiful!! I love them and that skirt is super pretty as well. I think this would also be my ideal day.
Carlee
Almost Endearing

Dhebby said...

You look soooo sweet!! I love the cute skirt and the boots, what an incredible mixed. I'd totally love to spend hours just to enjoy the view of that spot. Have a good day x

SomeoneLikeYou said...

You know, I can never understand why your blog doesn't have thousands of followers. It deserves it because it's so perfect in every way. x

Vicki said...

These photos are gorgeous! I love the background! And your outfit is pretty adorable too.(: love that chevron skirt!

~Vicki
Decked Out in Ruffles

Mici Mathonka said...

your skirt is very lovely!

Vera said...

I,m in love with these photos! The landscape is fascinating! Your skirt is so gorgeous!

Marzipan said...

You are so pretty and these pics are so beautiful!

The Photogramps said...

Great light in these photos, lady.
xo
ashley
www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

your photography is absolutely beautiful! the colors are so rich. also, love the skirt :)

Mili from call me, Maeby

Madhu said...

I love your exploring!! And also I don't think i can live one more day without that skirt. This weekend I explored Austin and all it's natural wonders and hiking and I'm not even done! Today I'm going to take a daytrip to cool places and I'm glad I saw these before because they're getting me psyched to bring my camera

Cassaela said...

I love how you paired the loud skirt with a plain top, and tied it together with matching boots and belt. Beautiful photos too.
The Undercover Dress-Up Lover x

Josie said...

Oh my gosh! How adorable! I love that skirt on you, and the pictures are lovely.

Josie
FineandFeathered.com

katherine said...

you have fantastic taste.

Abigail said...

One of my favorite outfits ever!!

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...