7.14.2012

Rainy Day Doll

Horse photo print tee shirt, Motel Rocks. Black skinny jeans, American Eagle. Chunky wooden bangle, Ann Taylor. Black lace clutch, Jason Wu for Target. Black rain boots, Steve Madden. Leather watch, Timex. Revlon Balm Stain in Rendezvous. 

     While my personality rarely swings from one extreme to another, the climate where I live is exactly the opposite. We have day after day of over one hundred degree weather with blinding sunshine, followed by weeks at a time of rain. After snagging these rain boots at a consignment shop, I sometimes prefer the quiet, rainy days to the blinding excitement of the sunshine. It gives me a chance to catch up on reading and wear something besides skirts and dresses as I'm not worrying about the heat. 
     Another reason why I quite like rainy and overcast days is the magical lighting that seems to accompany them. Golden hour on a sunny day really can't be beat, but I felt positively glowing in these (untouched) photographs. That leads me to share some exciting news! I very rarely post close up shots because I have struggled for years with acne/acne scaring. Luckily, I've definitely seen improvements lately. I also wanted to show a close up of one of the colors I have in my newest favorite beauty products- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain! I'll have to write a review up later, but I will tell you in advance that without fail Revlon makes the best lip products around. 
     I hope you've had an excellent weekend! If you want to know anything specific about what I've talked about in my post today, be sure and comment below because I'm trying to get an idea about which things to do a specific post about. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...