5.30.2012

Elizabeth McKay


     Although we might have broken free from the shackles of oppression that the 1950s have come to represent, can we ever get away from emulating the aesthetic? Even the most independent minded women (or at least those that I follow on the internet) seem to embrace a good fit-and-flare dress from time to time. A great example of such a dress is the top number, above. That being said, my lifestyle does not call for any of the above pieces from Elizabeth McKay, nor do I think it ever truly will. It seems to be appropriate attire for sauntering about New England with a sparkling white smile, but something about the cheery colors and prints have awakened my inner prep if only for a moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...