3.29.2012

The Wallflower Gardener

Dress, H&M. Clutch, Jason Wu for Target. Studded belt, thrifted. Vintage brooch. Green heels, Limelight. 
     
     Despite the fact that this dress has one of the best floral prints I've ever owned, it's not exactly a dress for wallflowers. With the bold print and body-con fit, I definitely felt like I was commanding attention all day. And you might not know it based on this outfit, but I tend to be quite the wallflower at parties and the like. It takes quite some time for me to get warmed up, but I had to amp up the confidence to show off this dress that my mom picked out for me at the H&M in Atlanta. I had originally asked if she could hunt down pants in the same print, but the salesman said they sold out in the first TEN minutes of putting them on display!
     Although the dress is pretty much a standalone piece, I had a lot of fun picking out key details to play around with as well. Anyone could throw on this dress and look fabulous, but the accessories that people choose to add definitely reveal something about their personality. 
     If you like my look, it would mean the world to me if you could run on over to the entry on Chictopia and vote "chic" as I've entered the outfit into the Spring Bloom contest. The prize is a $500 wardrobe from Free People for the winner which is one of my all time favorite brands! Check out the entry HERE.

     What would you add to make this dress your own? I've already got so many styling ideas bustling around that I can't wait to wear it again! 

5 comments:

Rory said...

Just found your blog from the Chictopia contest (which I voted for and faved your look, of course!). Your look is totally fantastic! SO GREAT. that dress is fabulous. I saw it in HM and passed it by and now that I see you styling it I wish I hadn't! I'm a new GFC and bloglovin follower of your blog. Your style is AWESOME, girl!
xo
Rory
www.WearAboutsBlog.com
Enter my giveaway!!!

Rory said...

p.s. I was able to score the pants only a few days ago! The HM near me must not be as busy.

daria said...

love the print on the dress and you look great in it. I especially love the last pic! and I fully understand your wallflower attitude, I have it myself :) voted for you on chictopia, good luck!

Natalia L. said...

First of al that dress is stunning and I love the shoes you chose!
And second, I love how your hair looks like that, you look even younger!

I already vote for you, if you could do the same for me here: http://stylepiques.com/pique-it/design/inside-you-hear-two-voices-scream-now I'd be very grateful! Good luck to you!

Girls that glitter love the dark
xoxo

Join my giveaway, here

Little Bow Prep said...

stunning ensemble!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...