2.29.2012

The Leaping Doll

Photography by Laura P. from my Art 224 class. I don't have a link for any of the rest of her work, but trust me, she'll be a household name some day.

    I really enjoyed JUST being in front of the camera for a change. When our photography professor announced that our portrait assignment would be taking pictures of members of the class, I was elated that I was assigned as Laura's model. The photographs which will be turned in for a grade were taken in black and white film, but I asked her to snap a few digital shots on my camera because I thought her concept was so cool. 
     We shot for about two hours in various locations (and in those shoes!), after which I was very tired and very hungry. Luckily today was National Pancake Day so I rounded up some friends and went to IHOP for dinner (free pancakes!). I made a few changes in my outfit and off we went. 
Dress, Rodarte for Target. Velvet bolero and Dooney & Bourke purse, vintage. Belt, thrifted. Shoes, Gap.

     Although we had to use flash (which explains a few things about the photos: my crazed/stunned look in the first and my demonic eyes, but I wanted to give a very accurate portrait of the "real me" after the very stylized model images), I am definitely grateful that my room mate, Ari, indulged my outfit chronicling obsession. This is another one of those outfits that just made my heart sing with how "right" it felt for me. That belt is absolutely perfect for cinching that dress and I love all the different elements at work. Enough bragging on my own outfit, though, I want to know YOUR thoughts! 

P.S. I hope you all have a perfectly magical Leap Day!

8 comments:

lucia m said...

i love your dress!

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Natalia L. said...

What a great work, and you look great in it!
Also, love the shoes <3

Girls that glitter love the dark
xoxo

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

So pretty! Love the tulle overlay...you have such a sense of humour about fashion, love that energy!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture.com

Di Glanville said...

Gorgeous!! had to click on your blog after I saw your look on Chictopia! Your friend is a greta photographer and you are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

how amazing is this dress?! I just love it and you're right, it's so photogenic!

Laura said...

The pictures are pretty cool!! :)

http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

great photos! wow!if you golook at my blog there is also a Jeffrey Campbell Giveaway : http://therightmixoffashion.blogspot.com/2012/02/giveawayjeffrey-campbell.html

Miss Woody said...

gorgeous photos !

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...