12.25.2011

Christmas Comforts

Skirt, shirt, and belt, vintage. Cardigan, Walmart sidewalk sale. Shoes, Coach.

     Although I hope to be able to pull this skirt off during times other than the holidays, I figured Christmas was the best time to showcase a red plaid skirt with green accents. I've certainly gotten a lot of wear out of the pleated beauty since stumbling upon it at the Goodwill setup at a local market. For winter, longer skirts have certainly become a staple. I love the movement they give!
    I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays as much as I have been. Getting a chance to just do things that I love without schoolwork looming over my head is always blissful. These pictures were taken at one of my favorite places in the world: the street next to my grandmother's house. Every Christmas Eve, my mom's side of the family gathers for dinner and exchanging gifts and in case you can't tell by the pictures, it makes me quite a merry lass (appropriate term given the kilt like nature of my skirt).
    We have so many little things that my grandmother has made traditions, including the beautiful candles she lights every year:

     I of course have to show off at least one family member. My mother is always so stylishly dressed! When we can, we love to shop together. Here, she's wearing some purchases from our last shopping trip. I love helping her style outfits.
Earrings and Sweater, both Francesca's Collections.

     Hopefully, everyone will be having too good of a time to see this on Christmas but if not maybe this post is being read on a new laptop? Whatever the case, joy to all. Merry Christmas!

P.S.- I know that I said I'd be posting again on the 26th, but I just had to share. I don't think it counts against me as much if I've scheduled a post instead of actually writing it on Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...