10.09.2013

Playing with Fire

Rolling stones tank top, TJ Maxx (similar) Sleeveless white button up (underneath), thrifted. Black circle skirt, American Apparel Camel cardigan, gift from my mother. Underground Groovin' Bootie, Modcloth.

     It is my opinion that buying tee shirts with classic rock band graphics on them from chain stores kind of defeats the purpose. I'm totally hardcore for having something that shows my enjoyment of the Rolling Stones, along with the thousands of other girls who probably own the same tee shirt. But hey, actual vintage band tee shirts cost a pretty penny and this is my favorite iteration of the famous lips logo that I've seen to date. 
      I love styling things that aren't necessarily classic with some more buttoned-up, proper pieces. Although my stompin' boots from Modcloth aren't exactly in my comfort zone, I thoroughly enjoyed pairing them with my full skirt and cardigan for an outfit which I was told is reminiscent of School of Rock. Hey, I'll take that as a compliment any day. 
      This particular tank top actually sparked my idea for my latest fashion column for my school newspaper. I will tell you that there's a bit of a giveaway in the article about my personal life, but that's definitely a story for another time. I promise you'll go "Awww...", so I think the status of my love life is a subject for a post of its own. However, aside from that, the article is about the influences behind how we get dressed. I don't just mean inspiration from movies or decades past, I explore the idea of how much impact our peers and people of the opposite gender actually affect the way we dress. I'd love for you to read the column and leave comments either here or on the website.

6 comments:

daria said...

I always wonder if girls buying those Pink Floyd & Guns N'Roses t-shirts from H&M or Zara actually know the band :) I love how you styled that tank - feminine and rock'n'roll at the same time. Nothing I wouldn't wear myself ;)

MILEX said...

I can't take my eyes of all of it!

Liz said...

Yay! Love this outfit - was so excited to see how you would style those shoes after you posted them on Instagram!

Jenna Leigh said...

I love that shirt!!!! So cute

come check out my latest post,
http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2013/10/butterfinger-cake.html

Anonymous said...

Such a cute look! Love how you styled this band tee!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

The Honeyroom said...

You look fab! Love the way you styled this outfit and your red lip is gorgeous!

The Honeyroom

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...