While I enjoy the jobs that I have (I second shoot for Sarah C. Photography as well as working as a shop girl/taking pictures for Style of Civilization), neither are quite regular enough to take a significant amount of my time during these long summer days. I'm living on campus this summer for reasons I'll talk about in an upcoming personal post. During the school year, I had plenty of work to keep me busy as well as Patrick to hang out with outside of classes. Now that he is working full time and I don't have any homework to zero in on, I definitely need to set some goals for myself and get motivated! I always find that if I commit to my goals in a very public place, I'm more likely to think about them regularly than if I wrote them down just for myself.
1. Write in my journal every day. I'm a pretty regular writer as it is, but often I forget to jot down events or write things that seem insignificant but that I wish I could read about in more detail. I won't be making that mistake for much longer.
2. Get caught up on outfit posts as well as creating new content. The lovely Kailey of Mermaidens has requested that I create a photography tips post and I am happy to oblige! I also still have several outfit pictures to get up and can't wait to share what I've been wearing. I also have some personal things to share as well as discussing more interests outside of fashion (see next goal).
3. Stick to my cross country work out more diligently. While summer gives me the potential to be as lazy as I want to be, I still have my cross country summer workout program to follow. I've been running regularly for the past few weeks, but I know that it's important to actually do what our coach emails us. This means I'll be waking up to a fifty minute run Monday morning.
4. Finish cleaning out my wardrobe and pack away/sell anything that isn't in heavy rotation. Style shifts are hard. They are only made harder by unnecessary clutter in my closet. I can't wait to have my wardrobe pared down to the things I'm wearing most right now. Having less makes getting dressed that much easier.
5. Get together with more friends and have those important conversations that I've been putting off. You know those potentially lingering situations between friends that could determine how the relationship moves forward? Yeah, I have a few of those that I need to clear up before next school year. My Oak Ridge friends also deserve a bit more love than I've been showing them so I am making it a point to get together with some of the best people I know.
Because these goals are weekly, there really isn't anything too challenging. But this list serves as a reminder for the little things that I've been neglecting since my schedule was cleared from a lot of obligations. I hope everyone has a great week and I'd love to hear what you're trying to accomplish this summer.