3.28.2012

The Sequined Classicist

Sequined jacket, Gap. White knit shirt, Talbots (thrifted). Jeans, Pac Sun. Belt and bag, vintage. Shoes, Bear Traps (thrifted). Watch, Timex. 
     
     Does the fact that I feel most like myself in a simple white, three quarter length sleeve knit shirt, jeans, and boots mean that I am a boring person? While I never tend to settle for "minimalism" as my fashion protocol, something about the simplicity of this outfit combined with the nostalgia I feel for certain pieces I incorporated just made my heart sing. For instance, as I was posting about sequins the other day, I realized I had yet to even take the tags off of this lovely sequined jacket that I scored for sixteen dollars at Gap. It's one of those pieces I waited stealthily for as I was not going to give up upwards of $130 for a little bit of sparkle. 
     That aside, every single other thing in this outfit has completely wonderful memories and stories attached. I know that fashion isn't a priority for everyone, but the fact that it serves as one of the most powerful memory recall tools that I personally know of has to count for something. 

4 comments:

Amelia said...

love this, & i've been feeling the same way lately too- just bought this perfect white tee and i haven't wanted to take it off. but i definitely wouldn't call myself a minimalist either, so it's sort of a strange feeling

ps. amazing snag on the jacket. such a statement piece

Hattitude said...

Hattitude Style Blog

ha i use fashion as a memory recall tool as well! my boyfriend thinks i'm super weird, when i'm like "well tell me what I was wearing and then
i'll remember what happened that night" haha I remember everything based on what people were wearing.

I can't believe you scored that jacket for 15 bucks!!! down from 130! that's crazy! beautiful piece!

talk soon wild child
-Hattie
Hattitude Style Blog

Madeline Quaint said...

I always attach memories with what I wore at the time - not consciously of course. So yeah, all my garments have threads of memories attached to them, which my mind can catch and get tangled in sometimes when I wear them. It's nice.

Kat said...

I prefer simplicity as well (and a healthy dose of SEQUINS!). I attach memories to my clothing to an extent. Nice score, btw!

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment! I sincerely make an effort to respond to each, and visit each blog in return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...